Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Harvest

For the last couple of weeks we have been visiting my parents in Idaho. My dad is a farmer and grows grain, potatoes, and sugar beets. While we were there they were harvesting sugar beets. Here are some pictures of the tractor and beet harvester. I got to drive a truck. I used to drive truck during harvest when I lived at home, but it's been about 10 years since I last did that. So, I got to drive for about a week. Mike was a good sport to take care of the kids and bring them to the field for visits.
Carson showing off the sugar beets he found.
Here I am climbing into my "10 wheeler" truck. Carson loved to ride with me in the truck and he loved to visit Grandpa in the tractor, but I'm pretty sure his favorite thing to do is pictured below. My mom worked at the sugar beet dump (the place where the trucks would deliver the beets that had been dug up) and Carson liked to sit with her and help her. He got to talk to the truck drivers on the microphone and tell them how much the trucks weigh. I got many reports of funny things he would say to people as they were driving on the scale.
Hanging out in the truck:


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily S said...

Wow, what a woman!

Hope you're enjoying visiting your parents . . .

P.S. I've been meaning to email you to see how it's all going. If I don't get to it for a month, know that I've thought of you.

Valerie said...

I haven't looked at the blog for a while,the pictures are really cute! I was so happy to have you all for harvest, it was so fun for me! Carson was a lot of help at the scale house! :)

Halsey said...

Fun! Cute pictures of the boys. We are so excited to come and see you guys this weekend! Thank you BYU football for being a good excuse :)