Friday, November 14, 2008

Doctor Visit

Mike and I took Blake and Carson to the doctor yesterday for their check-ups. It was Blake's two month visit and Carson's three year visit.

Their stats:
Carson--30.7 pounds (38th percentile), 36.5 inches (24th percentile)
Blake--11.56 pounds (35th percentile), 23.5 inches (60th percentile)

All was well until they ushered us in to get shots. I got a great idea from my sister-in-law who told her older son to be brave and show the younger son how not to cry when he got shots. It worked great for her. Mike and I tried the same trick on Carson and it didn't work at all. Carson cried a lot more than Blake. We promised Carson some soda pop (one of his favorite treats) if he would stop crying. He eventually calmed down and on the way to get some soda I started reading a pamphlet from the doctor that said children his age should "avoid sweets, especially sugary drinks". I guess it's too late for us, Carson likes his treats. Does anyone really deny their child sweets at this age?

3 comments:

Emily S said...

Wow, your kids are awesome - I didn't realize yesterday that they'd both gotten shots, which turns other kids into craky messes. As for the treat denial . . . I think treats are fun in moderation. I've seen kids who were 100% denied and they were sad. And that picture to the right of Carson is so dang cute.

Jeremy & Andrea said...

it was so fun seeing you the other night. i think as parents we really know what's best for kids and just need to avoid over indulgence.

April said...

I'm sorry to hear the little trick didn't work for you guys. Poor Carson!
We are all about bribing the kids with treats here at our house.