Wednesday, March 24, 2010

St. Lucia



In St. Lucia we went on a driving tour. Our guide had lots of information about the island and it was interesting to learn about it all. I couldn't believe all the windy roads though!



We saw a banana plantation.



We stopped at some fishing villages and bought banana ketchup. In this picture Mike is being shown how cassava bread is made.


We also got a great view of the Pitons, the pointy mountains in the background.


We visited a botanical garden with this waterfall. We saw lots of different types of plants and flowers and trees. We toured a drive-in volcano, went to a beautiful beach with black sand and saw where parts of the most recent Bachelor TV series were filmed. We also went snorkeling and saw some neat coral.




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Shanae said...

I remember that waterfall from one of the episodes! ... Not that I watched all the episodes or anything...

Kayla said...

Banana ketchup?? How did that end up tasting?

And I have to say I love Mike's outfit choice. :)

Brent and Emily said...

I just said to someone today that I would love to got to St. Lucia! What an awesome trip! It looks like you had a ton of fun!