Friday, December 5, 2008

New Hobby

I have a shocking secret! I know how to sew. Yes, it's true. And, I actually like it! Since we've been married Mike has occasionally suggested that I learn how to sew. I always brushed him aside and thought that I would hate it or that I wouldn't be very good. I didn't even take home-ec in junior high. Then after helping my mom make a quilt, I caved in. This sewing thing actually looked like something I would like. So, last year for Christmas I received a sewing machine and have since taken a class on sewing. I'm definitely not the best at it, but I am trying to improve. I don't consider myself crafty or anything like that so that's why this is such a big deal to me.

My most recent project is that I made a rag blanket for my new nephew. It was easier than I thought and I just watched an online video to figure out how to do it. Thanks for letting me showcase my new hobby!



6 comments:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

You did AWESOME!! I love that quilt!!!

Hubers said...

Looking good. What a cool skill. I can't sew worth anything. I struggle on the straight line.

April said...

Very nice! One day I will pull my sewing machine down off the closet shelf and learn how to make more then a an apron with it...one day.

Jessica said...

Shara! Are you trying to make me look bad? I can't believe how good you are! That blanket is so adorable! Sewing has always been a swear word at our house, but maybe I should give it a try!
Jess

Emily S said...

Awesome job! I sewed some sweet pillowcases in home-ec and tons of receiving blankets for a laurel project, but I want to be able to whip out an outfit my kid can wear to school that day like my mom did. You taking a sewing class is inspiring to me . . . maybe I have hope!

Brent and Emily said...

I LOVE that quilt. You will need to come down and teach me how!!!